The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.
-with a female lead…that passes the bechdel test with flying colors.
- survived disease
- made a baby
- gets my ass out of bed every day
- recovers surprisingly well when I eat a bunch of junk
You go, body. Four for you.
- is awesome at making noises.
- even when it shouldn’t does what i ask of it, most of the time
- allows me to create (think on your fingers for a minute… they are awesome!!!)
so yeah..my body is my wonderland
Elizabeth Armstrong, in Armstrong, Elizabeth A. and Laura T. Hamilton. Paying for the Party: How College Maintains Inequality (Harvard University Press, 2013)
Quote taken from this article about the study.
- After 10 seconds: (100+) Tumblr
- After 10 days: (1) Facebook